Best Bee Brothers, LLC
Best Carpenter Bee Trap
Our classic carpenter bee trap is designed for those with a carpenter bee problem who want to protect their home with a proven, pesticide-free solution.
Why We Love It:
We take natural home protection seriously, and we know you do too. How was our carpenter bee trap born? When two brothers got tired of their wooden structures being ruined by carpenter bees, they used their knowledge of carpenter bee behavior and worked tirelessly until they developed the perfect solution: the original Best Carpenter Bee Trap.
Built with a patented bio-behavioral design, a funneling system and a spring-loaded release door, these are the most convenient-to-use carpenter bee traps on the market.
- Each trap covers a 15 ft. radius for optimal outdoor protection
- Patented bio-behavioral, species-specific design mimics the natural nest of a carpenter bee (learn more about their nesting habits here) without affecting helpful pollinators, like honeybees and bumblebees
- Green ocean-reclaimed plastic roof with two pre-drilled holes to secure to a flat surface
- Field-tested, effective funnel system reduces clogging and prevents carpenter bee escape
- Includes metal clasp, 9 ft. pull cord and a pull ring for easy bee disposal no matter where you decide to hang the trap
- Specifically made of soft pine wood carpenter bees love!
- Free of toxic chemicals and pesticides
- Low maintenance – no bottles or jars to replace!
- Lightweight and easy to operate
- Weight: 1 lb.
- Trap Dimensions: 6” W x 4” H x 6.3” D
- Minimal assembly required
How to Hang It:
Each Best Carpenter Bee Trap includes a metal clasp, 9 ft. pull cord and a pull ring to quickly and efficiently empty the spring-loaded release door. Minimal assembly required makes installing it a breeze. Pull the trap out of the box, gently pull the funnel into place, hang it up high, and let the trap do the rest.
Looking to mount the trap? Use the two pre-drilled holes in the roof.
Getting the Most Out of Your Trap:
The original Best Carpenter Bee Trap is extremely low maintenance, but there are still a few things you should know.
Our field testing has proven these traps are more effective when hung up high in areas with plenty of sunlight. That’s why eaves and roof overhangs make great options for placement of any Best Bee Brothers carpenter bee trap.
If your carpenter bee problem requires more than one trap, be sure to give them some breathing room. We recommend about 15 ft. between traps for best results. To get the most out of our carpenter bee trap, you’ll want to pair it with our BEE-Licious Bee Bait. This step is optional, but we recommend you try it, as it’s a great way to jump-start your trap!
Finally, to ensure the best trap experience, we suggest inspecting the wooden structures around your home for carpenter bee damage. Carpenter bees prefer existing nests if they can find them, so looking for and plugging any carpenter bee holes will help direct bees to your trap and is one of the best ways you can support your trap system. Not sure what to plug a carpenter bee hole with? Try our Hand Dipped Wooden Corks!
To keep your original Best Carpenter Bee Trap in service for as long as possible, it’s best to store it in a shed or garage throughout the winter months to help preserve the soft wood that carpenter bees love.